Do you have a car and have a plan to upgrade your factory radio by installing a brand new one? If your answer is “yes”, whether you are going to finish the installation by yourself or not, it is essential for you to find a correct installation guide to help you have a better understanding of the installation. Here I’d like to introduce a 2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 (LHD) car radio installation instruction to you. Wish it can help you to some extent.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 (LHD) car radio installation instruction
1. The original car radio.
2. Use a pry tool to loose the air vent and then remove the air vent.
3. Unplug the connectors at the back of the air vent.
4. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that fix the radio panel.
5. Take out the panel.
6. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the panel.
7. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws of the radio and then pull out the original car radio.
8. Unplug the connectors or cables at the back of the car radio.
9. Remove the two screws that fix the display and then remove the display.
10. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
11. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
12. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
13. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
15. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Don’t worry if you encounter any problems and don’t know how to deal with. Under this circumstance, you can consult your dealer, someone experienced or turn to a professional for help. Or for avoiding damage to either your car radio or your car, you can directly arrange a professional technician to help you install the new car radio.
Anyway, before installation, it is crucial for you to select an ideal car radio. If you don’t know which kind of car radios can fit your car, you can refer to a 2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 (LHD) car radio from Seicane. For more details, please click:
With this car radio installed in your car, you can get access to a lot of practical and entertainment features, such as FM/AM radio tuner, Bluetooth hands-free phone calls, Bluetooth streaming music, AUX function, file management, SD card or USB connection. Therefore, almost all your needs in car can be met thanks to these features.
With the assistance of the high-end 3D GPS navigation of high accuracy, you can easily know your current locations and navigate to any locations you would like to go to under the guidance of the turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. And thanks to this unit’s dual zone function, you are able to enjoy your favorite music while navigating, which won’t have any negative influence on GPS function.
Additionally, the built-in wireless Bluetooth module enables you to pair your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this car radio. By doing so, you can dial, answer, reject and mute Bluetooth hands-free phone calls as well as Bluetooth streaming music. Therefore, you can gain a lot of convenience and enjoyment during driving.
Wish you like this car radio and good luck to you.