With a lot of modern features to be compatible, a new car stereo can bring you not only the greatest convenience but also a huge ton of enjoyment in your car. Therefore, more and more car owners prefer an aftermarket car stereo to their factory radio. If you also have such a plan, you can search for a detailed installation instruction to help you with the installation. Here I’d like to share a step-by-step 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit installation guide from Seicane with you, wish it can be helpful for you.
- Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
- A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
- For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
3. Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
4. Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
5. Connect the cables in the package.
a. Connect with the power cable in the car.
b. Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c. Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
d. Connect CAN-TX.
6. Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
7. Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
8. Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
9. Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
10. Remove the amplifier in the car.
11. Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
12. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well.
Wish the above 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit can be helpful for you. If you have any question, you can consult your dealer or a professional. Please make sure you have a clear understanding before you start to install it. If you can’t do it on your own, you can ask a professional for help. Besides, if you don’ t find a suitable head unit for your car, you can refer to this following link which is about an intelligent Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit from Seicane, please click:
This popular Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit is built-in a worldwide real-time GPS navigation system which can provide lane assist, route planning, 3D street view, landmark display, turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts for you to get to anywhere you’d like with ease. Hands-free calls and streaming music are both available when you simply connect your enabled mobile phone with this unit via the bluetooth technology, so that you can enjoy a safe and pleasant journey.
Just go and have a wonderful time with this amazing Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit from now on! Good luck to you!