If you are going to upgrade your factory radio and the installation bothers you a lot, now you can rest assured, for most car radios come with special wiring harness for easy installation. With a detailed installation guide and some related installation experience on the installation of car accessories, you can also achieve the installation on your own. This article to introduce the detailed installation guide is specially provided for you as a reference if you also have the same dashboard as the following picture which is about a great 2002-2011 Pontiac G3 Wave radio after installation from Seicane.
Here are some tips for you before the installation:
- Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
- A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
2002-2011 Pontiac G3 Wave radio installation guide
- Remove the trim panel. There are several parts of the trim panel. You should remove them one by one. First remove the trim panel which is around the screen. Then, remove the trim panel which is next to the CD player. Remove the screws on the trim panel before you pry it from the dashboard. And put them away and keep every part well so that you can install them back to the original place perfectly.
- Unscrew the screws on the units and put them away.
- Take the original radio out of the dash.
- Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
- Install the new Seicane radio. The installations of different units are different. You should refer to the installation instruction from the dealer and connect the new Seicane radio to the original wiring harness. If it needs a wiring harness adaptor, connect the adaptor to the original wiring harness first, then, connect the adaptor to the new Seicane radio.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio and test it. Connect the negative cable on the battery and turn on the new Seicane radio to test all the functions in it. If everything’s good, fix the screen by putting it hard to the dashboard and fix the DVD player with screws.
- Install the trim panel. Install the trim panel which was next to the CD player before back to its original place.
The above is all the step-by-step installation guide for a 2002-2011 Pontiac G3 Wave radio. If have a different dashboard from that shown in the dashboard, please rest assured, the installation is similar, and it won’t have much influence on the installation. If you find it too hard to finish the installation on your own, you can go to a car stereo upgrade center to have it installed. Or incorrect installation may cause irreparable damage to both your car and your new head unit.
To have a successful upgrade, you need to confirm that your new radio can be suitable for your car. For different car radios are specific for different cars. If you are unsure about this, you can refer to the following link which is about a wonderful 2002-2011 Pontiac G3 Wave radio from Seicane with attractive design and upgraded hardware and software, please click:
This Pontiac G3 Wave radio comes with a wide range of features to provide you with the most convenience and enjoyment when you are outdoors, such as GPS navigation system, Bluetooth, DVD, iPod, radio, WIFI. To have more options to entertain yourself and your passengers according to your own preference, you can connect your compatible devices via the USB connection and the SD card slot.
Take this amazing Pontiac G3 Wave radio and start an extraordinary driving experience, it’ s the time now! What are you waiting for?
How much is this ?
Hi ,it is about US$300-400