Nowadays, to buy an ideal car radio is much more affordable for car owners. However, you still need to pay extra money for its installation if you don’t know how to install it. But if you have some related installation experience and a correct guide, you can finish the installation without paying one cent. Please look at the picture which is a multifunctional Seicane 2006-2011 Holden Captiva head unit after installation. If you also have the same dashboard, you can refer to the following detailed instruction.
Here are some tips for you before the installation:
- Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
- A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
2006-2011 Holden Captiva head unit installation guide
- Remove the trim panel. There are several parts of the trim panel. You should remove them one by one. First remove the trim panel which is around the screen. Then, remove the trim panel which is next to the CD player. Remove the screws on the trim panel before you pry it from the dashboard. And put them away and keep every part well so that you can install them back to the original place perfectly.
- Unscrew the screws on the units and put them away.
- Take the original radio out of the dash.
- Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
- Install the new Seicane head unit. The installations of different units are different. You should refer to the installation instruction from the dealer and connect the new Seicane head unit to the original wiring harness. If it needs a wiring harness adaptor, connect the adaptor to the original wiring harness first, then, connect the adaptor to the new Seicane head unit.
- Turn on the new Seicane head unit and test it. Connect the negative cable on the battery and turn on the new Seicane head unit to test all the functions in it. If everything’s good, fix the screen by putting it hard to the dashboard and fix the DVD player with screws.
- Install the trim panel. Install the trim panel which was next to the CD player before back to its original place.
That’ s all the installation guide for a 2006-2011 Holden Captiva head unit. Wish it can be helpful for you. If there is any question, please seek help from your dealer or a professional. If you don’t have any experience on the installation before, you’d better ask a professional for help.
Since only a suitable unit can be well installed in your car, you need to make sure your new unti can fit your car before the installation. If you don’t have one, I’ d like to recommend an ideal 2006-2011 Holden Captiva head unit from Seicane to you, please click:
With exquisite design and comprehensive features, this Holden Captiva head unit is your best choice for you to upgrade the factory radio. The built in GPS navigation system to provide lane assist, 3D street view, route planning, turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts can guide you to a variety of locations with ease. To simply pair your mobile with this unit, hands-free calls and streaming music are available for you via the Bluetooth connection.
Wish you’d like this intelligent Holden Captiva head unit and have a wonderful time with it on all your trips from now on! Good luck to you!