It’s easy to remove a 2002-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser CD player and install a new multifunction DVD player in the car. Check out if the following upgrade steps could help.
- Remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery to ensure security.
- Remove the screws in the air vents on the trim panel. Adjust the fan blades on the air vents, then, you can see there’s one screw in them. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Remove the trim panel. Pull the trim panel hard. And, you can get it off the dashboard easily. There are wires at the back of it. Remove the wires and put the trim panel away.
- Remove the radio. The radio is fixed by 4 screws. Use a screwdriver to remove them so that you can take the radio out of the dash. Disconnect the wires at the back of the radio and put it away/
- Install the new unit. Connect the new unit to the original wiring harness correctly. If you are not familiar to the wires connections, you’d better ask your dealer for a wring diagram or ask a professional for help.
- Test the new unit. You should test the new unit to see if it is compatible with your car. There are many functions you should pay attention to, such as, GPS navigation system, raido, TV and so on. It is recommended to refer to the user manual at the first time you operate the unit.
- If step 6 is ok, you can install the trim panel back to the dashboard. Then, the upgrade is finished.
There’s something you should notice during upgrading a Chrysler PT Cruiser CD player. If you meet problems you don’t know how to deal with, don’t do it yourself and please ask for help. Before you finished upgrade, don’t suddenly provide power to the head unit.
You may meet other situations, so you’d better ask a professional for help at the very start. If you find the upgrade steps are too complicated to you, you’d better go to a car stereo upgrade shop for help.
Wish you enjoy shopping. If you haven’t found a suitable aftermarket stereo for your Chrysler PT Cruiser, I would like to share a good car DVD player with you. It has many great functions, such as, GPS navigation system, radio, Bluetooth and so on. Let’s check out: http://www.seicane.com/2002-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-chrysler-pt-cruiser-chrysler-sebring-gps-radio-dvd-player-bluetooth-multimedia-nav-system-tv-music-ipod-dual-zone-aux-backup-camera-t6015
This unit has more functions than the original Chrysler PT Cruiser CD player.
It has worldwide GPS system for 3D navigation maps with voice cues, distance information, POIs, road planning and so on. You have to use a SD card to store the GPS map and install it in the unit so that it can work for you. It also supports Bluetooth hand free, analog TV, USB and SD card video/music/photo and so on.
Please make sure it fits your car before ordering. Wish you like it and enjoy shopping on Seicane.com.