With a correct guide, you can do a lot of things all by yourself. And the installation of a new car radio is no exception. As the technology develops rapidly, your factory radio may become not up-to-date enough to meet your needs in car. So now if you’re going to replace your factory radio, you might refer to an installation guide. Here I’d like to introduce a detailed 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car radio installation guide from Seicane to you.
Tips about the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car radio installation guide
1. Remove the trim piece above cup holder with a lever.
2. Remove 2 screws behind the trim piece.
3. Gently pry around the side of trim panel with the lever and then remove the trim panel.
4. Remove 4 screws which hold the factory radio in place.
5. Take out the original radio.
6. Disconnect the smaller harness on the behind of the original car radio.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio’s plugs.
10. Install four screws and trim panel.
11. Install 2 screws behind the trim piece and the trim piece.
12. Turn on the new radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
That’s all about how to remove the factory radio and install a brand new radio for 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. If you encounter any problems you cannot solve independently, please feel free to consult your dealer or ask for a professional technician for help.
Besides, what you should know is that only a suitable car radio can work well with your car very well. If you don’t know which kind of radio can fit your car very well, you can refer to the following excellent 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee gps Bluetooth radio stereo from Seicane.
A more convenient and comfortable in-car life is available for you with this multifunctional car radio installed in your car. This radio is equipped with the built-in worldwide GPS module which can provide you with voice cues, distance information, POIs and road planning so that you can easily find the correct way to reach your desired destinations accurately.
Besides, hands-free calls and streaming music are both supported without taking your hands off the steering wheel as long as you wirelessly connect this unit to your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone or other enabled devices.
Apart from practical features, optional features like digital TV and rearview camera can be added to this unit according to your preference to better meet your needs.
Just have a safe and happy trip with this great 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car radio in your car. Good luck to you!