Do you want to save money from the high budget if you are going to upgrade your factory radio with a new aftermarket car radio? If you say yes, then this article about the detailed Pontiac G3 radio installation guide can be much helpful for you. Please look at the image below which is a top 2002-2011 Pontiac G3 radio from Seicane, if you are have the same dashboard as it, then you can refer to the following Pontiac G3 radio guide as a reference.
Here are some tips for you before the installation:
- Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
- A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
2002-2011 Pontiac G3 radio installation guide
- Remove the trim panel. There are several parts of the trim panel. You should remove them one by one. First remove the trim panel which is around the screen. Then, remove the trim panel which is next to the CD player. Remove the screws on the trim panel before you pry it from the dashboard. And put them away and keep every part well so that you can install them back to the original place perfectly.
- Unscrew the screws on the units and put them away.
- Take the original radio out of the dash.
- Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
- Install the new Seicane radio. The installations of different units are different. You should refer to the installation instruction from the dealer and connect the new Seicane radio to the original wiring harness. If it needs a wiring harness adaptor, connect the adaptor to the original wiring harness first, then, connect the adaptor to the new Seicane radio.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio and test it. Connect the negative cable on the battery and turn on the new Seicane radio to test all the functions in it. If everything’s good, fix the screen by putting it hard to the dashboard and fix the DVD player with screws.
- Install the trim panel. Install the trim panel which was next to the CD player before back to its original place.
That’s the step-by-step installation guide for a 2002-2011 Pontiac G3 radio. Wish it can be helpful for you. If you have any questions during the whole process, you can ask your dealer or a professional for help. Make sure you are clear about every step before the installation. If you think it too hard to install it on your own, you’d better ask a professional for help.
Besides, you need to make sure your new radio can be suitable for your car. If you don’t have a fitting radio, I’d like to recommend an intelligent Seicane 2002-2011 Pontiac G3 radio to you, please click:
With a lot of entertainment features, such as DVD, VCD, CD, FM/AM radio, Bluetooth music, TV programs, iPod, USB/SD connection, you can keep yourself and your passengers relaxed all the way. The GPS navigation will provide the current location, 3D street view, route planning and voice prompts for you to arrive at your destination.
An amazing journey with safety and pleasure is available for you as long as you pair your mobile phone with this Pontiac G3 radio for hands-free calls and streaming music. Just take it right now and go!