When you’re going to upgrade your factory radio by installing a new multifunctional head unit, it will cost you a certain amount of money to buy the head unit and install it. But if you have a correct head unit installation guide, you can remove the old radio and install the new one all by yourself. Here is an installation guide for a 2012-2015 Honda CRV head unit. If you have the same or similar dashboard, then this article is worth you reading.
Some tips before the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2012-2015 Honda CRV head unit installation guide
1. Remove the air vent on each side.
2. Remove screws that fixed the radio on the dashboard.
3. Softly take out the original car radio.
4. Unplug the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
5. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
6. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
7. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original head unit’s plugs.
8. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
9. Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
10. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Now you may have a general understanding about how to finish the whole upgrade process of 2012-2015 Honda CRV CD Player. If you have any questions, you can consult your dealer or seek help from a professional. To make sure that your new head unit is compatible with your car, I’d like to recommend a 2012-2015 Honda CRV gps bluetooth head unit from Seicane to you, please click the link for more details:
Featured with the latest Android 6.0 operation system and a R16 1.6 GHz Quad-core processor, this intelligent 2012-2015 Honda CRV head unit also comes with comprehensive features, which can meet almost all your needs in car, including built-in GPS navigation system, phonebook sync, hands-free calls, Bluetooth music, DVD player, FM/AM radio, etc. During the driving, when you take full advantage of these features, you are able to have a more convenient, comfortable and relaxing driving experience than before. Wish you enjoy your driving time accompanied by this wonderful 2012-2015 Honda CRV head unit in your car. Good luck to you!