Replacing the factory radio with a new car stereo will not only improve your car interior environment but also offer you a totally different driving experience. If you are tired of your factory radio, it’s a great way to replace it. Please look at the picture below, it’s an appealing 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo after installation From Seicane. To install such a stereo is not quite difficult. If you have the same dashboard, you can take the detailed instruction below as a reference.
Tips about the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo installation instructions
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo as the user manual shows.
- Connect the ISO plug.
- Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
- Put the buckles back into its original place.
- Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
- Turn on the new Seicane car stereo and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
That’s all the installation guide for a 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo. If you can get some benefits from it. If you find it too hard for you to understand all the steps, you’d better ask a professional for help. If there is any question, you can turn to your dealer or a professional for help.
Before you start to install your new stereo, you need to make sure you have a fitting stereo for your car. If you haven’t had one, it’s great for you to refer to this 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo from Seicane, please click:
This Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo comes with a Bluetooth interface for you to sync with your compatible devices for enjoying music streaming and making and receiving hands-free calls through the integrated microphone to keep both you and your passengers safe. The built-in 3D GPS navigation system can provide the worldwide real-time traffic information for you to arrive at your destination with ease.
Besides, an optic fiber decoder can also be supported by it. The decoder can make your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still to work after installing this radio. It is just plug and play and easy to install. And the sound is in high quality after installation.
Get to a variety of locations with this Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo, great fun will be always with you on all trips! Good luck to you!