A new car radio can not only provide the most accurate guidance for you to find the best way to your desired destination but also offer a huge ton of fun on all trips. If you are getting tired of your factory radio, you can upgrade it with a new car radio which can be compatible with a lot of features to meet your different needs. Here’s an after installation image for a Seicane 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio. If you find you have the same dashboard, you can refer to the following 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio instruction to help with the installation.
Tips about the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio installation guide
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane radio as the user manual shows.
- Connect the ISO plug.
- Put the new Seicane radio back into the dash.
- Put the buckles back into its original place.
- Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
That’ s all the above installation instruction for a 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio. If there is any question, please consult your dealer or a professional. If you are a green hand on the radio installation, you’d better ask for a professional for help. Or incorrect installation may cause unexpected damage to both your car and your new radio.
It’s also necessary for you to make sure your new radio can be well combined with your car. If you have no idea about this, you are recommended to have a careful look at this all-in-one Seicane 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio, please click:
This top Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio can support an optic fiber which can make your original car’s optic fiber Bose system still work after the installation of the new radio. If your car is from 2005 to 2011 and comes with optic fiber Bose, then you can easily install this plug-and-play decoder to keep high-quality sound.
Just relax your trips with this amazing Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio in your car. You’ll must be surprised at what it brings to you!
do i need extra wires or will feet perfect with the old wires.i have a Mercedes g350 diesel.thanks
no , it includes all needed cables for this unit
our units include all needed cables.