If you are fed up with your factory radio, you can consider removing your factory radio and installing a new aftermarket car radio. This article is mainly about how to remove the factory radio and install a new multifunctional car radio for 1998 1999 2000 2001-2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class W220 S280 S320 S350 S400 S430 S500. If you have the same or similar dashboard, you can refer to the following guide.
Precautions for this installation:
1. Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2. Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3. Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998 1999 2000 2001-2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class W220 S280 S320 S350 S400 S430 S500 car radio installation instruction
1. The original car radio.
2. Place the key in the ignition, set the parking brake and shift to a lower gear depressing the brake.
3. Open up the pocket down below the AC control and remove two T20 Torx screws on the two corners. Then remove the pocket.
4. Grasp the bottom of the radio trim panel while prying the edges of the panel up along the sides of the dash. Then remove the panel.
5. Remove four T20 Torx screws that are holding the radio on the dashboard.
6. Pull the car radio out from the dash.
7. Disconnect the connectors and cables at the back of the radio.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
10. Connect the Seicane car radio to your originalradio’s plugs.
11. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
12. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
13. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Wish you can get some help from the above installation instruction. If you meet any problems you cannot deal with by yourself, you can seek help from your dealer, someone experienced or a professional. Or you can directly go to a car radio upgrade center to ask a professional technician to help you install the new car radio. Anyway, before installation, it is essential for you to select an ideal car radio. If you don’t know which kind of car radio can fit your car, you can refer to the following link which is a remarkable 1998 1999 2000 2001-2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class W220 S280 S320 S350 S400 S430 S500 car radio from Seicane. For more details, you may click:
This all-in-one car radio is loaded with the latest Android 8.0 operation system and a strong eight-core CPU processor, so with it installed in your car, you will enjoy its more stable operation, better performance and higher configuration.
Even you are not good at identifying directions, thanks to the worldwide real-time GPS navigation system, you are able to know your current locations and find the right way to reach your desired destinations. And with dual zone function, this unit enables you to listen to your favorite music while navigating, which won’t have any negative influence on GPS function.
Besides, both hands-free calls and streaming music are available as long as you connect this unit to your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Therefore, you can sync your phone book so as to dial, answer, reject and mute Bluetooth hands-free calls as well as listen to Bluetooth streaming music.
Wish you like this unit and good luck to you!