If you are not very satisfied with your factory radio because it is not up-to-date enough for you to get access to some modern features, you can replace it with a brand new aftermarket car radio without hesitation. Since the installation of a car radio is not so difficult, you can try to deal with the installation under the guidance of a detailed installation guide. The following is a 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010-2012 Mercedes Benz R Class W219 car radio installation guide from Seicane which can be taken as your reference if you have the same vehicle type.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2006 2007 2008 2009 2010-2012 Mercedes Benz R Class W219 car radio installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Pry the bottoming panel out of the dash with a plastic knife.
3. Pry the air conditioner panel out and remove it.
4. Remove two screws that fixed the radio on the dashboard with a screwdriver.
5. Use your finger to pull the buckles down.
6. Gently pull the factory radio out of the dash.
7. Then unplug the connectors at the back of the factory radio.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
10. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
11. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
12. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
13. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Wish the above installation guide can be helpful for you. If you have any doubts, please don’t hesitate to seek advice from your dealer or turn to a professional for help. Or if you are afraid of making damage to either your car radio or your car, you can directly go to a car radio upgrade center to ask a professional technician to help you install the new car radio.
Besides, it is vital for you to pick an ideal car radio for your beloved car. If you don’t what kind of car radios can work well with your car, I’d like to share a remarkable 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010-2012 Mercedes Benz R Class W219 car radio from Seicane with you. For more details, please click:
This car radio based on the most advanced Android 7.1 operation system and a powerful CPU processor is specific for 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010-2012 Mercedes Benz R Class W219. It comes with a wide range of practical and entertainment features, which mainly including high-end 3D GPS navigation system, FM/AM radio tuner, Bluetooth hands-free calls, Bluetooth streaming music, AUX, steering wheel control, USB & SD card connection, etc. Here I would like to take 3D GPS function as an example.
With the help of the worldwide real-time GPS navigation system, you are able to easily know your current locations and accurately get to reach your desired destinations through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. Additionally, while navigating you can listen to your favorite music which is played behind the scene under GPS mode thanks to this car radio’s dual zone function.
With these features, you will gain a brand new driving experience.
Wish you like this unit and good luck to you!