When replacing the factory radio, it’s natural for some car owners to meet some problems. In that case, a correct installation guide can be much helpful. To help you better install your new car radio, I’d like to share the detailed Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo installation guide for help. Please look at the picture below, it’s a picture of a 2001-2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo from Seicane, if you also have the same dashboard, you can refer to the following instruction to help with the installation.
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare unlock tools r before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2001-2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo installation guide
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
- Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
- Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
- Connect the cables in the package.
a.Connect with the power cable in the car.
b.Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c .Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
- Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
- Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
- Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
- Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
- Remove the amplifier in the car.
- Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
- Turn on the new Seicane car stereo to have a careful check if everything works well.
That’s the step-by-step installation instruction for a 2001-2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo. If you have any questions during the whole process, you can consult your dealer or a professional for help. However, if it’s the first time to replace a car stereo, it’s strongly suggested you have a professional install it. Or incorrect installation may cause unexpected damage to both your car and stereo.
A right car stereo plays an important role in a successful upgrade. If you don’t find an ideal stereo for your car, I’ d like to recommend an up-to-date 2001-2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo from Seicane to you, here’s the link, please click:
This amazing Seicane Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo can be compatible with an optic fiber decoder which can make your optic fiber Harmon Kardon sound system and all your original car’s speakers keep working after installation. It is easy to install. And the sound quality is quite high. If your car is made from 2002 to 2012 and comes with an optic fiber Harmon Kardon sound system, then this decoder is your perfect option for great sound in your car.
You can keep your passengers entertained all the way with the amazing multimedia function which includes DVD, CD,VCD, iPod, FM/AM radio, Bluetooth music, TV, cartoons, etc. You won’t have any difficulty in finding your way to your destination under the guidance of the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts. Besides, the Bluetooth for hands-free calls and streaming music is included for you to keep safer and relaxed.
Just go with this modern Mercedes-Benz G-Class W463 car stereo and have great fun on all your trips! Good luck to you!